Observations


Passing Sensations
By Rebekah Perkins

I stuck my hand out the window
And felt the sensation of the winds flow
It rushed through my hand faster then fluid
And a happiness settled in as it did

The sun danced in between the trees softly
And the few clouds in the sky looked down so loftily
They seemed to judge as the scenery flew by
Maybe they have a right, for their throne is the sky!

As we went through the hills we passed little farms
And the cold wind created goosebumps on my arms
We rounded a corner and headed down a the hill
And we passed a yellow house, with a bird on the window sill

Off in the distance I saw dark majestic clouds
And little raindrops coming down in crowds
With sunlight here, and sparkling rain over there
A beautiful rainbow formed in the air

We drove past green fields half shadow, half sunshine
The wind disturbing the blades of grass so fine
We headed strait for the showers of rain ahead
And my face hid a smile, no words had to be said

We drove into the wall of rain with a blast
The drops stung as they hit my hand we were traveling so fast
The drops rolled down my fingers and gathered together
And then blew away, they felt no heavier then a feather

So on we went in this comfortable style
The rain lightening up after a while
The billowing clouds only allowed a few shy peeks from the sun
But in Oregon, the sun has always been a shy one

Arriving in the capitol, it's nickname Cherry City
Though maybe not beautiful, city has it's own kind of pretty
With tall buildings reflecting the suns rays
And fog creating a mysterious kind of haze

A gust of wind blew petals off the trees
And they floated away, caught in the early spring breeze
Up the last hill we headed, this ride was almost out of time
I tilted my head, and could hear the sweet tinkling of a wind chime

I thanked God with a deep contented sigh
And two last things caught my searching eye
A bright yellow patch of flowers in our front lawn
And a calico cat letting out a big yawn.


Comments

Popular Posts