Home Is Where The Heart Is

My Childhood Home

I have been here since I can remember,
I was brought home on a cold December,
Wrapped in a blanket all soft and warm,
I have always lived here, on this farm.

When I was younger I would run through the trees,
Laugh and play with the summer breeze,
Crack open a hazel nut all milky and sweet,
Close my eyes and listen to the little birds tweet.

As I got older I started to explore,
I grew to love it here more and more,
So beautiful in the fall with the golden brown leaves,
And in the background tall evergreens.

The winter so mild with occasional snow,
Seems to make the world with beauty glow,
Spring time comes with her beauty and grace,
Her delicate fingers make this a magical place.

Summer here is a wonderful thing,
I would pick blackberries as I sing,
Talk to a robin under a maple tree,
The squirrels shake their heads as they scold me.

But with one last backward look and sigh,
I walk away with a tear in the eye,
Oh the memories that will haunt me forever,
This my last time here, I shall not return, ever.




Comments

  1. Hey Bek, I was just reading back through these poems, and this actually made my cry...it's so beautiful and sad. I hope someday you can live in a place like that again. :)

    ~Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mercy. I hope someday I can live in a place like that too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts