Isaiah 61:3

"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called tress of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."
- Isaiah 61:3


When this life's worries came pouring down,
And all around me the fire of this world consumed,
When I was beat down with the weight of the world's frown,
And this world's ways in victory boomed.

When there was nothing left to turn to,
Nowhere where I could hide,
Finally I looked to you,
And you for me did fully provide.

When at last I ran to your arms,
You anointed me with the oil of joy,
And all my grief from this world's harms,
No longer my thoughts did employ.

When the smoldering pieces of my dreams consumed me,
And all I could feel was the heat of the fire,
For these piles of ashes you gave me beauty,
All around glory you did inspire.

And when my soul in sorrow was bent,
Mourning my only conscious emotion,
You placed on my shoulders praise as a garment,
And inside me praise for you stirred into motion.

When I finally came to you all was set right,
Beauty for ashes, joy for my mourning heart,
Praise for my heavy spirit, my soul you did ignite,
Lord, you gave me a brand new start.



Comments

Popular Posts