My Testimony

Through The Door
By Rebekah L. Perkins

From when I was young I've always known what was true,
Each one of us is inherently sinful, there's nothing we can do,
I've always understood that my sins stood in the way,
Making it impossible for me to live with God day by day.

I knew I didn't want to be separated from the Lord,
I knew that after death, judgement would ensue as written in His word,
I knew that my sins were holding me back,
And only the blood of Jesus' sacrifice, would get me on track.

I'd heard my whole life that all I needed to do was believe,
That by simply trusting Him, I'd life everlasting receive,
And so I tried and tried, but I knew I was still in my sin,
No matter how many times I tried, it was a battle I never could win.

I knew I could do nothing, I have to give up trying,
With every passing day, my soul was closer to dying,
The night I finally realized this is one I'll never forget,
Understanding the fragility of my soul brought so much fear with it.

I'd heard the gospel message many times over my 14 years,
But on that night it was like a new story to my listening ears,
It was the same familiar story, ever tried and true,
But with every spoken word, my heart heard something new.

The preacher that night went over the Passover and what it meant,
Made parallels of how our own time of preparation was nearly spent,
The blood has already been spilt, all is prepared,
All that needed is to go through the door, and be spared.

In that moment I realized for the first time that all the work was done,
And all I needed to do was into His open arms run!
With a joyful heart, knowing I didn't have to try anymore,
This once broken sinner, ran through salvation's door.

Comments

Popular Posts