One Book

Where It Started
By Rebekah Perkins

There was something magical about that night,
Hid underneath the covers with a book and a flashlight,
Taking in every word, filled with anticipation and worry,
My being completely in the story.

I was captivated by that olden age,
'Til at last, I turned that last page, 
And with a sigh shut that book,
All previous dreams I then forsook.

That book had captured my mind, my soul,
And through it into my heart a single thought stole:
Could I pen such words to capture?
Could I inspire such marvelous rapture?

Comments

  1. Wow, that's a really cool poem Bekah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Perfect! You have such a talent Bekah! You capture emotions and images in such a beautiful simplicity without compromising the flow at all! A true poet! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts