Trial

By Rebekah Perkins

The pain is so real, it wont go away,
I go through the motions, day after day,
Waiting for the pain to be diminished,
Wondering when this torture will be finished.

Why would this happen? Why? Why? Why?!
One day so happy, the next wanting to die,
When will the healing begin?
When will I be allowed to be happy again?

What from this can I possibly learn?
Other than for true friends to yearn?
Why must all the worlds horror stories be true?
Why through this maze must I go through?

Why wont the pain just come to a halt?
Why must I wonder day after day if this was all my fault?
What if my worries and doubts are all true?
What if all this hurt, and chaos, out of me grew?

All around me, others lives go on,
They forget that in my life, everything has gone monstrously wrong,
They forget the pain that I'm living right now,
The pain that makes me on my knees in horror bow.

Comments

Popular Posts