Horror


Nightmare
By Rebekah Perkins

My inside is crying, I stand here awake,
Thinking, fearing, in terror I quake,
I wish that I could just run away,
But I'm here, forced to stay.

The night is dark, cold, unfeeling,
And all around my world is reeling,
I search for comfort, pray for peace,
But through the night my hope will decrease.

Encasing and thick, the fog keeps me in,
I have no sense of direction as round and round I spin,
I call for help; mocking, my voice echos back,
I'm down on my knees, my will about to crack.

The tears run freely down my pale face,
In this world, sympathy holds no place,
I look to the sky to search for a star,
But the cold blackness stretches too far.

My spirit finally broken, I slump to the ground,
With no hope in my soul to be found,
In the wet dewy marsh grass I close my eyes,
Rock back and forth, so tired of the lies.

With a gasp I sit up, to find I'm in bed,
And yet, my being is filled with unspeakable dread,
My brow covered in a film of sweaty dew,
A dream? A dream? Could it be true?

Comments

Popular Posts