A Prayer

Dear Lord...

I am weak, and can not be alone,
I need you Lord, for I am to sin so prone!
I need you to help me through the trials,
As all around me my sin piles.

Lord I need you to be with me always,
Not only just on the bad days,
Every day and every hour I want to be with you,
I have no strength without you, what alone can I do?

I need you Jesus to be my guide,
And who is more trustworthy then one who for me died?
None, oh God, you're the only one,
Without you my life would be done.

I alone am nothing of worth,
Without you I would regret the very day of my birth,
Let me be just for your use Lord,
Let me be a vessel to share your word.

Oh Lord please take my reins,
Being in control is not worth this worlds "gains",
Work through me to my best potential,
God in my life you are the most essential.

Send me where you can use me most,
Leave my plans, for of tomorrow I can not boast,
Dear Lord help me to be more like you,
Every day to do as you would have me to do.

I know, oh Lord, that I will fail,
I will wander off on some rabbit trail,
I depend on you to bring me back again,
To lead me back to the Fathers "Den",

Dear Lord catch me when I start to fall,
Oh God, you are my all in all,
Dwell in me through night and day,
Help me not to let the world hold any sway.

Help me to shine for you where ever I go,
Even when the winds of temptations blow,
Help me to stand up for you with all I say,
With my deeds and works everyday.

Avert my eyes from every evil thing,
That I might glory to you bring,
Help me to see when I deserve your righteous wrath,
God, keep me on your narrow path!

Don't let me be distracted from your goals,
Work through me to the procuring of souls,
Dear Lord you want all I can give,
Help me for you, only you, to live.

I know, oh Lord, you have a plan for me,
Help me my pathway to clearly see,
Your plan is greater then I can imagine,
Let me hear your voice, again and again.

You know my every thought,
So help me not in sin to be caught,
Let me as a lamp for you glow,
A light ray in darkness let me show.

Help me to show you to others,
Whether strangers, or my sister and brothers,
Make me a witness to all around,
Fill me with your joyful sound!

All for the glory of you, my savior,
Let be all you in my behavior,
Don't let them see me, only you in me,
Lock me away, and throw away the key.

Dear Lord, hear my prayer,
To help me bear this worlds glare,
To shine for you through thick and thin,
And thank you for washing away my every sin.


Sorry for neglecting my blog so horribly ya'll! I'm hoping to be better about posting more! <3 ~Bekah

Comments

Popular Posts