Miscarriage

 

 what do I do when hope is dashed?

when reality and dreams have mercilessly clashed

when my body has failed me, yet again

do I have the faith to utter, "amen"?


I long to say "thy will be done"

to cling to faith, in Christ alone

but this sorrow cuts deeper still

and instead I ask, "is this your will?"


this pain, this loss, this broken soul

exposed and wounded, never whole

surely this, this cannot be

your plan and desire over me!

 

heal me Lord, hold my pain

remind me how in all, you remain

though I flail, curse and rage

may your presence be felt in every stage

 

this child I lost, are they with you now?

Do you, instead of I, kiss their brow?

will I meet them one day? will they know,

how loved, how wanted they were below?


for this child we prayed, asked from above

only these few weeks to carry and love

but forever now, held in my heart

separated now, a lifetime apart


oh dear child of mine, you are loved so much

how I longed and prayed to feel your touch!

I must believe you are with my Jesus

held and loved, waiting to meet us

Comments

Popular Posts